Welcome to the Western Washington Weimaraner Club!
The Weimaraner was developed as an all-purpose gun dog by Grand Duke Karl August of Weimar, Germany in the early 1800's. The breed was brought to the U.S. in 1940 and recognized by the American Kennel Club on December 14th, 1971. Initially this sporting dog was developed to hunt large game, but now is mainly used as a bird dog. Not only do they point, they also retrieve and track as well and are outstanding swimmers. Versatility is the make-up of a Weimaraner. The Weimaraner is known for its handsome, distinctive appearance, loyalty and considerable intelligence. Friendly, gentle and energetic, they make great pets for the active family. Weimaraners are known as the "Gray Ghost", they are like a shadow, and crave companionship. They will follow you forever with love and devotion.
MONTHLY WWWC NEWS LETTER
Our Club Mission Statement
- Support the Weimaraner Code of Ethics as stated by the WCA.
- Encourage owners to do everything possible to protect the welfare and promote the versatility of the purebred Weimaraner.
- Urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Weimaraners shall be judged.
- Conduct sanctioned and licensed events under the rules of the AKC and the WCA.
- Encourage sportsmanlike conduct.
The Western Washington Weimaraner Club is in good standing with the ---> Weimaraner Club of America